Sunday, February 22, 2009

iHeartFaces (Adult) - Week 7

Here is my adult entry for this week's B&W theme. I knew exactly which image I was going to play with as soon as I knew it was B&W.

I have very few photos of my grandmother...even worse, she NEVER looks at the camera. I secretly snapped this photo when she wasn't paying attention. Even though she's not looking at the camera, I just love this picture of her. It's quiet and contemplative...just like her! As always, constructive criticism welcome! Also, hop on over to iHeartFaces and check out all the other amazing photos.

7 comments:

Upstatemamma said...

That is great. The best past is that you actually captured her personality. This picture says a lot.

Carebear said...

Wonderful. I think grandparents make the best B&W sujects! No criticism here, just a compliment on the cropping - I really like it!

Julie Rivera said...

Grandmothers ARE hard to photograph! But they really are such wonderful subjects, with the stories their faces tell. Love the quiet pose you found her in.

heidiannie said...

this reminds me of all my mother's pictures- it was either this or a hand over her face! I like your photo- I think I'd like your grandmother, too!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Who couldn't love a good Grandma shot?

Catherine said...

Beautiful. It reminds me of almost every picture I have of my Granny.

*Just Jen* said...

I love this picture! I have one of my 95 year-old step-grandma just like this, unfortunately my scanner crapped out on me last week so I couldn't use it for my entry! :-(