Monday, April 20, 2009

iHeartFaces - Week 15 (Kids)

This week's theme over at iHeartFaces is Self-Portrait. Here's the catch...you have to be holding the camera! No tripods or other gadgets...the camera has to be in your own hands.

The stream of photos that I took were kind of funny...one of them had so little of us in it you could barely tell we were there...falling out of the bottom corner.

Here's my attempt at the kids category...For this one, the photo has to include my self-portrait with a kiddo in the frame too.

I did some editing. The original background was a parking lot...not so friendly on the eyes...and since it was a cute-ish picture of us, I decided to put us in a better location. Hmmm....how's the beach? Then I played with the levels a bit, sharpened it a little, added the lens flare...

How's that for a make-believe photo shoot at the beach! Make sure to check out the other entries for this week...it's neat to see how everyone solved the self-portrait issues!

11 comments:

Julie Rivera said...

As I was looking at your picture and reading your words, I thought "Great background" before I found it was superimposed. Great idea! And nicely done. She is definitely your daughter, huh?!

Carebear said...

Wow, you did a great job swapping backgrounds. Everytime I do it, it looks so obvious. I never would've guessed you weren't actually there! Oh, and such a cute picture of you and your girl. It was hard wasn't it?! I kept having the same problem - I'd take the photo, then look at the LCD screen, and there was like, half our heads missing, LOL!

monica said...

Great picture! And great way that you transfered out the background for some amazing waves!! I love that you are both really smiling!

Melinda said...

Holy cow! I never would have guessed that you superimposed that background. That is amazing. What a great photo!

Capturing Sunshine said...

I totally believed you were on the beach, you tricky little devil! I love this shot. You have two of the same smiles! Great capture.

lislynn said...

Nice, very nice. how in the world did you do the background!? I never would have guessed...

Through My Own Lens said...

That is so funny that you swapped the backgrounds!!! What program did you use to do that?!!? It looks great!

McKay Family said...

Thanks everyone...I figured the beach background was much more appealing than the cars in the parking lot! I used PSE 5.0.

Unknown said...

haha what a great job with the fake background! I love it :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice pic.

Kate said...

Great job! You had me fooled! Thought you were soaking up some rays at the beach!